While pursuing B.S. in Management and Information Systems, Jonathan was always heavily involved in sports. Playing division soccer and tennis in high school and college put him in pursuit of finding out what it takes to become a better athlete. While in college, he worked closely with the strength and conditioning coaches and ultimately decided to become a part-time trainer. This eventually grew from a part-time job to a career spanning over 14 years working as a health professional. During this time period Jonathan got involved with other forms of fitness and competition through Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Triathlons, Yoga, Pilates, Kick Boxing and other various sports and modalities of fitness. His experience allows him to bring a well rounded approach when helping clients reach and achieve their fitness goals.
His love for helping people did not stop at physical training. In time he realized that there was a major disconnect between people and their bodies, which would often lead to over-training and soft tissue injuries. Hence, he decided to further his studies at the Swedish Institute of Health Sciences and eventually became a Licensed Soft Tissue Therapist (Licensed Massage Therapist).
Jonathan’s expertise not only allows him the ability to train people to improve their strength and cardiovascular fitness, but also to help them using manual therapy; improving their flexibility, range of motion, and speeding up their recovery time to optimize athletic performance.
Jonathan’s Philosophy: “ Procrastination is the first step to failure “
AOS Occupational Studies/Health Sciences
ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
USAW Olympic Lifting Sports Performance Coach
KBC Kettlebell Instructor Level 2
Pilates Level 1
Kick Boxing Instructor Level 2
Ronit Kalman, Ph.D
After receiving a Ph.D. in developmental psychology and dedicating more than 20 years to scientific research and academic teaching, Dr. Ronit decided to marry her deep understanding of human development with her passion for nutrition, health and wellness. She enrolled in certification programs at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, E-Cornell and Natural Gourmet Institute and paired this in-depth understanding of major dietary theories, healthy food preparation and the science of psychology to create smart and practical lifestyle coaching methods that will guide you to discovering the healthiest you. If you know what your ideal self looks like, but are having a hard time making it happen while continuing to enjoy food and life, our programs are for you.
- Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology from Rutgers University
- Post-doctoral fellowship training at Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 20 years of scientific research and academic teaching at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York University and New York Institute of Technology
- Research published in Child Development, Journal of Child Language, Infancy, Developmental Psychology, British Journal of Developmental Psychology, and more.
- Certified Holistic Practitioner by AADP (American Association of Drugless Practitioners) since 2013
- Culinary Nutrition Certificate from Natural Gourmet Institute
- Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from eCornell and the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
Dr. Ronit’s philosophy: “Making healthy living simple and enjoyable.”